Interest Rate

I called Ron Carter on 10/23/14 at 12:00pm about a 2013 hyundai veloster they had listed on their website for $11,950, the sales lady on the phone confirmed the mileage as well as the PRICE of the vehicle.Which she said again was $11,950.

About 10 minutes later another sales man named James called me to confirm my appointment to come see the car. I told him I live in Beuamont, which was 3 hours away, but I was very interested in the car, and I had cash in hand to put down on the car. James then CONFIRMED THE PRICE AND MILLAGE of the vehicle once again at $11,950. While I was on the way to the dealership, about and hour and a half away, I noticed the price of the car was changed on their website to $16,957?

I called James back and asked him once again to verify the price of the car before i got there. He said he was with another customer and that a different salesman by the name of Steven would call me back in a few minutes with the verified price. An hour and a half went by and I was 10 minutes from the dealer when I got a call from James. He said there was a glitch in the price and that they wouldn't be able to change it.

I asked to speak with his manager so I could find out if there was anything they could do since two seperate sales people confirmed the price of $11,950. Their manager Bryce Lindgren answered the phone, I explained to him the situation and he then went on to say he was NOT going to honor the price that was listed on THEIR WEBSITE. He was extremely rude to me when he denied the original price. I then asked to speak with his boss.

At first he said his supervisor wasnt in, and that "I could find his number myself online." I told him I was coming to look at the car since I had already drove 3 hours. He then said he would give me a $50 gift card for the trouble of driving all the way to the dealership. When I arrived at the dealer. Bryce Lindgren met me on their showroom floor.

I asked him if he could do anything on the price since I was told 2 seperate times of the price of the car at $11,950. He said he WAS NOT changing the price even though it was their mistake, and asked me to leave? At this time a man named Ryan Martin approached me introducedinf himself at Bryce's boss. Which I was informed of earlier that he was not in the office.

Ryan Martin proceeded to tell me the he also was NOT going to honor the price as well, but he would look at the cost of the vehicle to maybe make a deal. I then waited for almost 30 minutes, watched him smoke a cigarette outside and then told me he would only take $1000 off the price of $16,957. No where near the original asking price. When I said I wasn't happy with that offer he told me I crould leave and that he would not make a deal at all.

Stunned of the way I was treated, I asked once again for a business card for a higher supervisor and was told by both Ryan and Bryce that they didn't have business cards and "I could look the numbers up myself." Another salesan was listening to the conversation I was having with Ryan and Bryce and almost immediately handed me a business card with both managers names on it, and a number for a supervisor. I never recieved the gas card for the trip I was promised, and was lied to by multiple team members.

I am extremely dissatisfied with my visit to Ron Carter Hyundai.I question the integrity of their sales team and will NOT be visiting this dealership again.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: False advertisment, Bait and switch tactics, Unacceptable customer service, Being lied to.

Had an Experience with Ron Carter Hyundai?

Comments